The Heming Story
Heming's distinguished history dates to 1745, with the entry of Thomas Heming's first mark at Goldsmith's Hall, registered to a Piccadilly address. He was made a freeman of the Goldsmith's Company in 1746, and went on to become the pre-eminent British jeweller of his generation.
Shaped by a valuable apprenticeship to the Huguenot goldsmith Peter Archambo, beginning in 1738, Heming's talent rose to prominence in 1760 with his appointment as Principal Goldsmith to the King (George III) a position he held until 1782 the year before he retired.
Succeeded initially by son George Heming and thereafter by subsequent family generations, the business has since prospered from a number of Mayfair addresses, including Bond Street and Conduit Street, and has enjoyed regular royal patronage.
With heritage extending back over 270 years, Heming has built its reputation as a leading British jeweller, renowned for finely crafted innovative contemporary and classic designs.
Today Heming occupies newly refurbished premises at 10 Piccadilly Arcade, still very much at the heart of London's West End and only a short stroll from the original Thomas Heming shop.
Consistent with our history in this location, we employ only the finest craftsmen and materials in creating and finishing our range of beautiful jewellery. We pride ourselves in providing jewellery for all occasions, from the most extravagant event to the everyday.